Jobs at ActivityHero
We are driven by our mission to organize all things related to activities. We offer parents and activity providers all the necessary tools and assistance to help children discover learning opportunities that ignite their unique gifts and passion.
If you are interested in joining our mission, email us your resume and tell us about your experience.
Accounting Manager (Part-Time)
ActivityHero seeks a part-time Accounting Manager to lead day-to-day accounting operations, budget and financial reporting. This role is approx 10-15 hours per week and can be done remotely, but we prefer the candidate join us in our Sunnyvale office once a week.
- Monthly reporting and revenue recognition, following generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain accounting in QuickBooks and perform monthly reconciliations
- Ensure that accounts payable to our vendors are paid in a timely manner and respond to payment questions from vendors
- Calculate sales commissions
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual tax returns with external tax accounting firm
- Prepare financial reports for board meetings and investor presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience, as well as 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- A combination of accounting, analytical, Excel and reporting skills
- Experience with QuickBooks is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team player who thrives in a start-up environment
- Experience with financial models and business metrics is a plus